Go Online. Go Global. Go Beyond.
This six-week fully online summer study abroad program gives you insight into the significant ways in which global cities have been imagined, invented, and transformed by globalization.
Choose from a range of courses covering a variety of disciplines such as art history, business, finance, history, marketing, political science, writing, and urban/global studies, plus an optional remote global internship placement and accompanying Global Internship Course.
Go online this summer with CAPA and engage in a meaningful global experience without leaving home. CAPA’s online study abroad program uses our innovative Global Learning Technology, which enables you to interact and engage with faculty and other students across our global city centers.
Choose courses online from Dublin as well as from our other summer global cities online programs in Barcelona, Florence, London, and Sydney. Earn 3, 6 or 9 credits.
Learn more about us here
or call us at 1.800.793.0334
WHAT IS A GLOBAL INTERNSHIP?
A Global Internship is a Learning Abroad Program that provides unique workplace experiences abroad. Global Internships are coordinated by one of our Affiliates – partner organizations that have been evaluated and approved by the University of Utah. Through direct relationships with companies, organizations, and governments in the host country, our Affiliates can connect you with your ideal internship opportunity. Internships are available in both English and the host language, depending on your preference.
WHY CHOOSE A GLOBAL INTERNSHIP?
Global Internships are immensely beneficial to your personal, academic and professional goals. While participating on a Global Internship, you can develop valuable skills such as:
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Project Management Experience
- Time Management
- Flexibility & Adaptability in unexpected or challenging situations
- Foreign Language Proficiency
Global Internships are an invaluable addition to your academic career at the U – take advantage of this opportunity to prepare for your professional career!
APPLYING TO A GLOBAL INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
- Complete Learning Abroad 101. This is a short information session about programs, applications, financial aid, and scholarships. You can complete Learning Abroad 101 in-person or online.
- Submit your Applications. You will submit TWO Applications for this Program. These Applications can be completed at the same time.
- U of U Application- Click Apply Now at the top of your screen to get started and submit the Initial Payment.
- Affiliate Application- Click on the Homepage link above to find your Affiliate Application. Contact the Affiliate if you have questions.
- Commit to your U of U Application. You will receive an acceptance email to your Umail account. Log into your U of U Application and Commit to your Program within 3 business days of acceptance!
- Upload your Affiliate Acceptance Letter. When you receive your acceptance letter from the Affiliate, upload a copy in your U of U Application.
- Complete the Post-Decision Steps. Finish the Post-Decision steps in your U of U Application by the deadlines provided.
- TENTATIVE dates are listed above. Compare the dates to the University of Utah academic calendar to avoid scheduling conflicts.
- Scholarships and Financial Aid may be available! Visit our Financial Aid and Scholarships page for more information!
- A $200 initial payment (application fee) will be paid directly to the University of Utah through your Learning Abroad Application. The initial payment is due by the application deadline. You can make this payment by credit card as part of your Learning Abroad Application for this program.
- No other program costs are charged to your University of Utah student tuition account. Instead, Virtual Internship Program Fees (non-billable) are paid in lieu of University of Utah on-campus tuition and housing costs, directly to the Virtual Internship Provider. Please visit the website of the Virtual Internship Provider for pricing. Inclusions may vary.
- Read the full Withdrawal & Dismissal Penalty Policy BEFORE applying.
- Program advising is available through our Learning Abroad Coordinators.
- You will automatically be assigned to a Coordinator when you start your U of U Application. Coordinators are assigned based on your major.
- You must complete Learning Abroad 101 before meeting with a Coordinator.
LEARNING ABROAD HANDBOOK
Interested in learning more about the academic, financial, and logistical aspects of our Programs? The Learning Abroad Handbook outlines the University of Utah's financial, disciplinary, administrative, academic, and logistical expectations. You’ll find videos, tips, and resources that help you make the most of your experience before, during, and after your Program.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
It is your responsibility to read, understand, and adhere to the terms and conditions of your Program. Terms and conditions are outlined in the Learning Abroad Handbook, Learning Abroad website, and in your Program Application. Terms and conditions may also be communicated to you through digital, verbal, and hard copy communication. Contact Learning Abroad with any questions or concerns.