This scholarship is intended to provide financial support to University of Utah students with high financial need.
Applicants for this scholarship will be chosen once per calendar year. To help students with financial planning, you will be notified of your award status before the Program Application deadline unless you are participating on a winter break or spring semester exchange program.
Students participating on Programs from all terms are eligible to apply. Please carefully review the deadline section below as this scholarship timeline differs from all other Office for Global Engagement Scholarships.
Recipients will primarily be selected based on the following elements:
- Financial Need (as determined by the FAFSA and the U of U Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid)
- Make sure that your FAFSA or any other financial aid paperwork is up to date when you apply
- International students and those who are not able to fill out a FAFSA online should contact the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid to complete a paper FAFSA form. We recommend initiating this process at least one month before the scholarship deadline.
- Pell Grant recipients are strongly encouraged to apply
- Financial Plan (150 Words Maximum)
- Financial Information Essay (250 Words Maximum)
* Note: Full details on all essay and submission requirements are in the application.
- Be accepted for and ultimately participate in an eligible Program listed at www.learningabroad.utah.edu
- This includes meeting all eligibility requirements for your Program, including minimum GPA
- Earn academic credit on your Program
- Demonstrate financial need, as determined by the FAFSA and the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Be a degree-seeking University of Utah student on the scholarship deadline and when the award is disbursed
- Be a U.S. citizen or lawfully present non-U.S. citizen
Students who are currently taking classes at the U Asia Campus are NOT eligible for this scholarship.
October 1, 2020
for all programs during the following terms:
No late applications will be accepted.
- Winter Break 2020
- Spring, Spring Break, Calendar Year 2021
- Summer 2021
- Fall, Fall Break 2021
- Academic Year 2021-2022
SCHOLARSHIP AWARD AMOUNT
The scholarship award amount is the same for all terms and program lengths: $3500.
Students who receive this scholarship are encouraged to participate in Learning Abroad volunteer activities, such as volunteering at the Learning Abroad Fair or becoming a Summer Social Media Influencer
. Please note: not participating in the Learning Abroad Volunteer Activities will not revoke your scholarship.
LEARNING ABROAD HANDBOOK
The Learning Abroad Handbook
outlines the University of Utah's eligibility requirements, financial policies, conduct standards, administrative procedures, academic expectations, as well as visa and passport guidelines for Learning Abroad Programs. ALL participants are subject to the rules and regulations in the Learning Abroad Handbook. It is every participant's responsibility to read the Learning Abroad Handbook and contact Learning Abroad with any questions.