Course Background and History: CMP 4380-6380 History-Background.pdf
Proposed Program Itinerary (subject to change): U of U 2018 Mexico City Itinerary.pdf
- Available credit(s): 3 credits
- Applicants are required to enroll in the program course: CMP 4380 (Undergraduate)/CMP 6380 (Graduate)
- Courses are subject to change
- Click on the Courses Offered link above for more information, including prerequisites
- Possible excursions/site visits may include:
- Rio Piedad/Ecoducto
- Mexico City bike share & Ciclovia/Earthquake Resilience Program
- Museum Visits: Futura CDM & Antropologia e Historia
- Informal Settlements tour and Historic Preservation Bike tour
- Excursion details: Schedule Tour Gallery.pdf
LEARNING ABROAD BADGES
In addition to taking classes, students enrich their time abroad by participating in Learning Abroad Badge opportunities such as, Career Development, Language Immersion, Research Experience, and Community Engagement:
The Learning Abroad Badges listed in the Fact Sheet above are included in this program. Some programs offer opportunities to earn additional Learning Abroad Badges through independent options. Students interested in earning multiple Learning Abroad Badges can participate in the Global U Program and receive special recognition at graduation.
- Career Development:
- Students will have the opportunity to gain experience working on an urban planning and urban ecology project and network with a variety of professionals in the field.
- The majority of time in Mexico City will be spent with stakeholders and students that are involved with working in their communities on a variety of projects. A very key component to this course will be interaction and participation with those working in the very communities we will be visiting.
- Dan Roper
- Adjunct Faculty
- College of Architecture + Planning
- See Housing Type(s) above
- Participants are required to use the program housing facilities
- Housing is included in the program cost
- Click on the Budget Sheet link above for information about ESTIMATED costs
- Participants should read the full Withdrawal Penalty Policy BEFORE applying
- Scholarships are available for Degree-Seeking, University of Utah students
- Financial Aid might apply, visit your Financial Aid Counselor for more information
LEARNING ABROAD HANDBOOKThe Learning Abroad Handbook outlines the University of Utah's eligibility requirements, financial policies, conduct standards, administrative procedures, academic expectations, as well as visa and passport guidelines for Learning Abroad Programs. ALL participants are subject to the rules and regulations in the Learning Abroad Handbook. It is every participant's responsibility to read the Learning Abroad Handbook and contact Learning Abroad with any questions.
This us a great program for anyone who wants to see what is possible in terms of green infrastructure projects, in one of the biggest cities in the world.