INSERT TEXT HERE
For more details about this Internship, click here.
WHAT IS A HINCKLEY GLOBAL INTERNSHIP?
The Hinckley Global Internship Program provides students with unique workplace experiences abroad. Hinckley internships are coordinated by the Hinckley Institute in partnership with Learning Abroad and enhance a prospective intern’s access to opportunities through direct relationships that the Hinckley Institute shares with various companies, organizations, and governments throughout the world.
Most Hinckley Global Internships are full-time work experiences that provide cultural immersion and career development opportunities. The Hinckley Institute strives to place you into your ideal
Placements are available for undergraduate and graduate students of all disciplines. Additionally, internships are available in both English and the language of the country where the host office is located.
The Hinckley Institute has provided more than 8,000 students with internships since its establishment in 1965.
WHY CHOOSE A HINCKLEY GLOBAL INTERNSHIP?
Hinckley Global Internships are immensely beneficial to your personal, academic and professional goals. While participating on a Hinckley Global Internship, you’ll have the opportunity to develop valuable skills, like:
- Cross-cultural communication
- Project management experience
- Time management skills
- Flexibility & adaptability in unexpected or challenging situations
- Foreign Language Proficiency
As students seek to differentiate themselves for future career opportunities, Hinckley Global Internships have become an invaluable addition to your academic career at the U. Take advantage of this opportunity to prepare for your professional career!
APPLYING TO A HINCKLEY GLOBAL INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
- Complete Learning Abroad 101. This is a short information session about programs, applications, financial aid, and scholarships. You can complete Learning Abroad 101 in person or online.
- Meet with a Hinckley Global Internship Advisor. An advisor can help you search for and select the best Hinckley Global Internship to meet your professional and academic goals. Contact information for your advisor is listed below. You can also go to the Hinckley Institute website: hinckley.utah.edu
- Submit your U of U Application. Click Apply Now at the to of your screen to get started and submit the initial payment.
- Commit to your U of U Application. After applying, you will receive an acceptance email to your Umail account. Log into your U of U Application and Commit to your selected program within 3 business days of acceptance!
- Complete the Post-Decision Steps. Finish the Post-Decision Steps in your U of U Application by the deadlines provided.
- Academic credit is available for Hinckley Global Internships to undergraduate and graduate students. To be eligible for Hinckley Institute scholarships students must enroll in a minimum of 3 credit hours. If you would like to qualify for Learning Abroad scholarship funds you must enroll in the minimum credit hours for the term. More information about scholarships is provided under the Finances section.
- Applicants who are accepted into the program are required to enroll in the program course. Honors, CEL, and Graduate courses are also available to students.
- Click on the Courses Offered link above for more information, including information on prerequisites.
- The Program Start and End Dates listed above reflect the University of Utah main campus academic term of this Program.
- Actual travel dates are customizable and will vary.
- Contact the Hinckley Institute for more information.
- You are responsible for arranging transportation to and from your host country for most programs.
- Do NOT purchase your flight until you read the instructions in the Learning Abroad Handbook.
- Click on the Budget Sheet link above for information about ESTIMATED costs
- The Hinckley Global Internship Fund offers financial support to Hinckley Global Interns.
- Other Scholarships and Financial Aid may be available! Visit the Learning Abroad Financial Aid and Scholarships page for more information!
- Information about Program Costs, Billing Timelines & Due Dates are available to help you plan.
- Some Hinckley Global Internships are coordinated through internship placement providers. Fees for these Providers (non-billable) are established by the sponsor and are in addition to any fees paid to the University of Utah. Contact the Hinckley Institute for more information.
- Read the full Withdrawal Penalty Policy BEFORE applying.
- Hinckley Institute Global Internships
- Jean Oh, Managing Director of Global Internships, Hinckley Institute
LEARNING ABROAD HANDBOOK
Interested in learning more about the academic, financial, and logistical aspects of our Programs? The Learning Abroad Handbook
outlines the University of Utah's financial, disciplinary, administrative, academic, and logistical expectations. You’ll find videos, tips, and resources that help you make the most of your experience before, during, and after your Program.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
It is your responsibility to read, understand, and adhere to the terms and conditions of your Program. Terms and conditions are outlined in the Learning Abroad Handbook
, Learning Abroad
website, Hinckley Institute
website, and in your Program Application. Terms and conditions may also be communicated to you through digital, verbal, and hard copy communication. Contact the Hinckley Institute with any questions or concerns.