This scholarship is intended to provide financial support to University of Utah students participating on approved Learning Abroad and Hinckley Global Internship Programs. Applicants must submit a portfolio of original photographs to the scholarship committee as part of the application. During the duration of their Program, the recipient(s) will create a portfolio of images documenting their experience abroad to submit to Learning Abroad.
This scholarship application includes the following elements:
- Applicant Image Portfolio (10 Images)*
- * Note: these photos do not have to be taken abroad. Additionally, there are no constraints on image subject matter.
- Photography Portfolio Statement (150 Words Minimum - 250 Words Maximum)
- Program Personal Statement (400 Words Minimum - 500 Words Maximum)
* Note: Full details on all essay and submission requirements are in the application.
SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENT PHOTO PROJECT
of this scholarship will submit a portfolio documenting their experience on their Program abroad
. Recipients are welcome to submit as much content as they like. However, at a minimum, recipients will contribute at least 20 high-quality resolution images from their Learning Abroad or Hinckley Global Internship Program.
- Start an online Learning Abroad Program application at www.learningabroad.utah.edu before submitting your scholarship application
- Note: You do not need to be accepted into a program before submitting your scholarship application
- Be a degree-seeking University of Utah student on the scholarship deadline and when the award is disbursed
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA at the time of application
- Earn academic credit on your program
- Be a U.S. citizen or lawfully present non-U.S. citizen
- Be accepted to and ultimately participate in a program listed at www.learningabroad.utah.edu
- Complete the training program for Learning Abroad Photography Contributors
- Successfully fulfill the terms of the Scholarship Recipient Photo Project
- Students cannot receive more than one of the same scholarship for the same term
- Students who are currently taking classes at the U Asia Campus are NOT eligible for this scholarship.
- Late scholarship applications will NOT be accepted.
SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINES BY PROGRAM TERM
- June 1st: Fall, Fall Break, and Academic Year
- November 1st: Spring, Winter/Spring Break, and Calendar Year
- February 15th: Summer
SCHOLARSHIP AWARD AMOUNT
The scholarship award amount is the same for all terms and program lengths: $1,000
Students who receive this scholarship are encouraged to participate in Learning Abroad volunteer activities, such as volunteering at the Learning Abroad Fair. Please note: not participating in the Learning Abroad Volunteer Activities will not revoke your scholarship.
LEARNING ABROAD HANDBOOK
The Learning Abroad Handbook
outlines the University of Utah's eligibility requirements, financial policies, conduct standards, administrative procedures, academic expectations, as well as visa and passport guidelines for Learning Abroad Programs. ALL participants are subject to the rules and regulations in the Learning Abroad Handbook. It is every participant's responsibility to read the Learning Abroad Handbook and contact Learning Abroad with any questions.