- Study at a UK top 20 university [Complete University Guide 2016], gain academic credit during a 4-week program, and experience student life at UEA, voted second in the UK for student experience [National Student Survey 2016]. Academically rigorous modules offer 20 UK undergraduate credits from one of the world's top 1% of universities [Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2015-6]. The modules span a variety of fascinating and unique areas, all delivered by leading academic members of University staff. Experience living in our en suite student accommodation, truly immersed in campus life. To complement the stimulating academic programme, planned social activities provide the perfect opportunity to discover England's historic charms.
- Students will select one academic module, with each module following a program of at least 40 contact hours. Students will work in subject groups and the academic timetable is tailored to allow all International Summer School students to participate in the inclusive social activities. Modules are accredited at 20 UK credits (between 4-6 US credits). See a list of modules here.
- Norwich is a surprisingly bustling city with a variety of good-value restaurants, stylish cafe bars, theatres, nightclubs and festivals. Check out the UEA Summer 2018 brochure here and video.
- University of Utah students receive a partner discount.
- Summer School Information (Click on the Homepage link above)
APPLYING TO AN AFFILIATE PROGRAM
- Complete Learning Abroad 101. This is a short information session about programs, applications, financial aid, and scholarships. You can complete Learning Abroad 101 in-person or online.
- Submit your Applications. You will submit TWO Applications for this Program. These Applications can be completed at the same time.
- U of U Application- Click Apply Now at the top of your screen to get started and submit the Initial Payment.
- Affiliate Application- Click on the Homepage link above to find your Affiliate Application. Contact the Affiliate if you have questions.
- Commit to your U of U Application. You will receive an acceptance email to your Umail account. Log into your U of U Application and Commit to your Program within 3 business days of acceptance!
- Upload your Affiliate Acceptance Letter. When you receive your acceptance letter from the Affiliate, upload a copy in your U of U Application.
- Complete the Post-Decision Steps. Finish the Post-Decision steps in your U of U Application by the deadlines provided.
ACADEMICS & ACCOMMODATION
DATES & TRANSPORTATION
- TENTATIVE dates are listed above. Compare the dates to the University of Utah academic calendar to avoid scheduling conflicts.
- You are responsible for arranging transportation to and from the host country for most Programs. Do not purchase your flight until you read the instructions in the Learning Abroad Handbook.
LEARNING ABROAD BADGES
Students enrich their time abroad by earning Learning Abroad Badges such as:
This Program is eligible for the Badges listed in the Fact Sheet above. Some Programs offer opportunities to earn additional Learning Abroad Badges through independent options. If you earn Badges during your Program, you may be eligible to receive a co-curricular certificate through the Global U Program.
- Scholarships and Financial Aid may be available! Visit our Financial Aid and Scholarships page for more information!
- Information about Program Costs, Billing timelines & Due Dates are available to help you plan. Budget Sheets are also available for the following terms: Fall, Academic Year, Calendar Year, Spring, and Summer. Additional fees may apply for global internships activities. Contact your Learning Abroad Coordinator for more information.
- Affiliate Program Fees (non-billable) are established by the Affiliate and are in addition to any fees paid to the University of Utah. These fees are paid in lieu of University of Utah on-campus tuition and housing costs. Click on the homepage link above for more information on Affiliate fees and inclusions.
- Read the full Withdrawal Penalty Policy BEFORE applying.
- Program advising is available through our Learning Abroad Coordinators.
- You will automatically be assigned to a Coordinator when you start your U of U Application. Coordinators are assigned based on your major.
- You must complete Learning Abroad 101 before meeting with a Coordinator.
LEARNING ABROAD HANDBOOK
Interested in learning more about the academic, financial, and logistical aspects of our Programs? The Learning Abroad Handbook outlines the University of Utah's financial, disciplinary, administrative, academic, and logistical expectations. You’ll find videos, tips, and resources that help you make the most of your experience before, during, and after your Program.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
It is your responsibility to read, understand, and adhere to the terms and conditions of your Program. Terms and conditions are outlined in the Learning Abroad Handbook, Learning Abroad website, and in your Program Application. Terms and conditions may also be communicated to you through digital, verbal, and hard copy communication. Contact Learning Abroad with any questions or concerns.