This scholarship aims to diversify Learning Abroad and Hinckley Global Internship Program participants at the University of Utah and support those who may not otherwise participate. Though the list below is not exhaustive, the following groups may meet diversity criteria for this scholarship:
- Students from low-income families
- Students from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups
- Students from rural areas
- First-generation college students
- Students with disabilities
- LGBTQIA students
- Non-traditional students
- Veteran, active duty military, and ROTC students
Recipients will primarily be selected on the quality of the following elements:
- Diversity Scholarship Reflection (250 Word Max)
- Program Personal Statement (400-500 Words)
- Financial Need (as determined by Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships)
- We recommend you complete a FAFSA to accurately demonstrate your need
* Note: Full details on all essay and submission requirements are in the application.
- Start an online Program application at www.learningabroad.utah.edu before submitting your scholarship application
- Your Personal Statement must be complete in your program application by the scholarship application deadline. This statement will be considered by the scholarship selection committee.
- Note: You do not need to be accepted into a program before submitting your scholarship application
- Be a degree-seeking University of Utah student on the scholarship deadline and when the award is disbursed
- Earn academic credit on your program
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA at the time of application
- Be a U.S. citizen or lawfully present non-U.S. citizen
- Be accepted for and ultimately participate in an eligible Program listed at www.learningabroad.utah.edu
Students who are currently taking classes at the U Asia Campus are NOT eligible for this scholarship.
Late scholarship applications will NOT
SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINES BY PROGRAM TERM
- June 1st: Fall, Fall Break, and Academic Year
- November 1st: Spring, Winter/Spring Break, and Calendar Year
- February 15th: Summer
SCHOLARSHIP AWARD AMOUNT
- All Programs: $1000 award
Students who receive this scholarship are encouraged to participate in Learning Abroad volunteer activities, such as volunteering at the Learning Abroad Fair. Please note: not participating in the Learning Abroad Volunteer Activities will not revoke your scholarship.
LEARNING ABROAD HANDBOOK
The Learning Abroad Handbook outlines the University of Utah's eligibility requirements, financial policies, conduct standards, administrative procedures, academic expectations, as well as visa and passport guidelines for Learning Abroad Programs. ALL participants are subject to the rules and regulations in the Learning Abroad Handbook. It is every participant's responsibility to read the Learning Abroad Handbook and contact Learning Abroad with any questions.