The Middle Himalayan trek will be the primary location for shooting footage. Students will work with non-profit organization SEEDS, to support grassroots projects that involve community partnerships. Students will film humanitarian projects and interview those affected. Teams of 2-3 will create short films and present their final work to class, and potentially to the community members. Click here
to watch the film that students from the Summer 2016 program produced!
- Available credit(s): 4 credits
- Applicants are required to enroll in the program course
- Click on the Courses Offered link above for more information, including prerequisites
- Spend 10 days in a fully supported camp trek in the Middle Himalayan Mountains with guides, porters, and cooks
LEARNING ABROAD BADGES
In addition to taking classes, students enrich their time abroad by participating in Learning Abroad Badge opportunities such as, Career Development, Language Immersion, Research Experience, and Community Engagement:
The Learning Abroad Badges listed in the Fact Sheet
above are included in this program. Some programs offer opportunities to earn additional Learning Abroad Badges through independent options
. Students interested in earning multiple Learning Abroad Badges can participate in the Global U Program
and receive special recognition at graduation.
This program automatically earns the Career Development Badge:
- As part of the program, students work on teams as a film crew, conduct interviews, and learn to operate film equipment. Students create films that convey important information and messages to the community on behalf of local businesses and agencies.
- This experience will provide valuable insights that can be highlighted on resumes and during job interviews.
- Amy Bronson
- Adjunct Instructor
- College of Fine Arts
- See Housing Type(s) above
- Participants are required to use the program housing facilities
- Housing is included in the program cost
- Click on the Budget Sheet link above for information about ESTIMATED costs
- Participants should read the full Withdrawal Penalty Policy BEFORE applying
- Scholarships are available for Degree-Seeking, University of Utah students
- Financial Aid might apply, visit your Financial Aid Counselor for more information
LEARNING ABROAD HANDBOOK
The Learning Abroad Handbook outlines the University of Utah's eligibility requirements, financial policies, conduct standards, administrative procedures, academic expectations, as well as visa and passport guidelines for Learning Abroad Programs. ALL participants are subject to the rules and regulations in the Learning Abroad Handbook. It is every participant's responsibility to read the Learning Abroad Handbook and contact Learning Abroad with any questions.