The pricing above reflects the previous year’s program cost and is only an ESTIMATE until the final costs are posted. Although not anticipated, program costs may change due to fluctuation in currency exchange rates, tuition increases, contracted agencies, or number of participants. Billable Items, (noted with an *) will be paid directly to the University of Utah through both your Learning Abroad Application AND your University of Utah student tuition account: Please note that the billable cost does NOT include any additional expenses associated with your program, which are your responsibility - please see the Estimated Additional costs (Non-Billable) section of the budget for estimates.
- LEARNING ABROAD APPLICATION
- The initial payment is due by the application deadline. You can make this payment by credit card as part of your Learning Abroad Application for this program.
- UNIVERSITY OF UTAH STUDENT TUITION ACCOUNT
- Remaining billable items will be charged to your University of Utah student tuition account through Campus Information Systems (CIS) according to the regular University of Utah billing cycle. The charges may post separately and must be paid in full according to the billing invoice due date.
- You will be automatically registered for U of U International Medical & Security Evacuation Insurance: Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI). Please refer to the amount listed above as an estimate; however, the final amount may vary depending on your final program dates.
- The program cost includes the equivalent of 15 credit hours of tuition and (most) fees at a host institution. If you are participating for an academic year, your program cost will be divided equally and charged on your Fall and Spring student tuition account.
ESTIMATED HOST UNIVERSITY ON-CAMPUS HOUSING and ESTIMATED PROGRAM HOUSING NOT AVAILABLE
All students are responsible for reserving housing at their host institution. If ESTIMATED PROGRAM HOUSING NOT AVAILABLE is noted in the budget above, this indicates that housing is not identified by your host institution. Contact your Learning Abroad Coordinator to see if more information is available. It is your responsibility to pay for your housing selection directly, as it will NOT be charged on your University of Utah student tuition account.
ESTIMATED ADDITIONAL COSTS
Estimated additional costs are NOT billed to your University of Utah student tuition account and include costs such as, airfare, airport tax, housing, meals, books and supplies, passport, visa, immunizations, medical visit, personal expenses, emergency funds or the cost of any independent travel. Costs can be affected by individual budgetary habits and currency fluctuations. The burden lies on the student to budget accordingly and responsibly.
ACCESS TO CAMPUS SERVICES
Participating in a Program impacts your access to campus services. Examples of campus services include, but are not limited to: the student life center, TRAX passes, libraries, student clubs, the MUSS, etc. Please visit https://ucard.utah.edu/ for more information.
- Fall or Spring Semester, Calendar year, Full Year, and Summer Programs - You CANNOT access UCard benefits and regular campus services during the term(s) of your Program.
- Spring, Winter, and Fall Break Programs - You CAN access UCard benefits and regular campus services
FINANCIAL AID & SCHOLARSHIPS
If you will be using financial aid and/or scholarships to help finance the program cost. Please meet with a counselor in the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
If you are the recipient of Financial Aid or an Office for Global Engagement Scholarship, it will be applied to your U of U student account according to the regular disbursement schedules. Be prepared to make some payments before aid is released.
The Faculty/Staff Tuition Discount and the medical student tuition waiver for main campus courses cannot be applied to Learning Abroad Programs.
All applications completed after the application deadline are considered on a case-by-case basis, and are subject to an additional, non-refundable $100 late fee due at the time of application. The non-refundable $100 late fee does not go towards the cost of the program. Students who complete an application after the application deadline are also held to the Withdrawal Penalty Policy.
WITHDRAWAL PENALTY POLICY
Learning Abroad Withdrawal Penalties and Procedures are based your application status, official withdrawal date, and program type. Please see our Withdrawals Penalty Policy for the specific financial penalties and dates associated with your program. Follow the Student Withdrawal Steps to withdrawal from your Learning Abroad Program.
If you have questions or concerns about any of the information included in the Budget Sheet, contact Learning Abroad at email@example.com or 801-581-5849.