This program travels on Study Tours to the following destinations:
Early in the semester, you delve into your academic focus during Core Course Week, in which you travel on a short Study Tour for three days in Denmark or a neighboring country, combined with a two-day seminar in Copenhagen. Later in the semester, you travel again with your Core Course on a week-long Study Tour in Europe.
While on tour, theories learned in the classroom come to life by meeting with professionals and experts in your field who contribute to furthering your understanding of course topics. Study Tours are hands-on and experiential, combining theory with practice, and expose you to additional cultural perspectives. You have the opportunity to visit sites and experts in your field of interest that you may not otherwise have access to.
Add elective courses to complement your Core Course at DIS Copenhagen. You decide how to build your course load based on your needs and interests!
Electives range across disciplines and include research, workshops, studios, and even Exploration Electives, which come with a travel component.
One year each of biology and chemistry at university level.
Visit our website to view the full list of over 200 additional elective courses!
WHAT IS AN AFFILIATE?
An Affiliate is a partner organization that is evaluated and approved by the University of Utah. Affiliates offer classes in both English and the host language. You may take classes with other U.S. students, international students, or students from the host country. Many affiliates provide special services such as visa support, housing, cultural excursions, and on-site staffing to help you navigate your host country.
APPLYING TO AN AFFILIATE PROGRAM
- Complete Learning Abroad 101. This is a short information session about programs, applications, financial aid, and scholarships. You can complete Learning Abroad 101 in-person or online.
- Submit your Applications. You will submit TWO Applications for this Program. These Applications can be completed at the same time.
- U of U Application- Click Apply Now at the top of your screen to get started and submit the Initial Payment.
- Affiliate Application- Click on the Homepage link above to find your Affiliate Application. Contact the Affiliate if you have questions.
- Commit to your U of U Application. You will receive an acceptance email to your Umail account. Log into your U of U Application and Commit to your Program within 3 business days of acceptance!
- Upload your Affiliate Acceptance Letter. When you receive your acceptance letter from the Affiliate, upload a copy in your U of U Application.
- Complete the Post-Decision Steps. Finish the Post-Decision steps in your U of U Application by the deadlines provided.
ACADEMICS & ACCOMMODATION
DATES & TRANSPORTATION
- TENTATIVE dates are listed above. Compare the dates to the University of Utah academic calendar to avoid scheduling conflicts.
- You are responsible for arranging transportation to and from the host country for most Programs.
- Do not purchase your flight until you read the instructions in the Learning Abroad Handbook.
LEARNING ABROAD BADGES
Students enrich their time abroad by earning Learning Abroad Badges such as:
This Program is eligible for the Badges listed in the Fact Sheet above. Some Programs offer opportunities to earn additional Learning Abroad Badges through independent options. Click here to learn more about the Global U Program.
- Program advising is available through our Learning Abroad Coordinators.
- You will automatically be assigned to a Coordinator when you start your U of U Application. Coordinators are assigned based on your major.
- You must complete Learning Abroad 101 before meeting with a Coordinator.
LEARNING ABROAD HANDBOOK
Interested in learning more about the academic, financial, and logistical aspects of our Programs? The Learning Abroad Handbook outlines the University of Utah's financial, disciplinary, administrative, academic, and logistical expectations. You’ll find videos, tips, and resources that help you make the most of your experience before, during, and after your Program.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
It is your responsibility to read, understand, and adhere to the terms and conditions of your Program. Terms and conditions are outlined in the Learning Abroad Handbook, Learning Abroad website, and in your Program Application. Terms and conditions may also be communicated to you through digital, verbal, and hard copy communication. Contact Learning Abroad with any questions or concerns.