- With over 400 years of history, the University of Oviedo offers a full range of undergraduate degrees adapted to the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) in all branches of knowledge and postgraduate degree programs in collaboration with national and international universities and more than 250 companies.
- Academic Strengths: Humanities, Health, Engineering, Science, and Social and Behavioral Science.
- Asturias has an exceptional natural environment. About a third of the territory of Asturias is listed as protected natural areas of special interest.
- Exchange Student Information (Click on the Homepage link above)
- Host University Courses: Click Here
- For courses taught in English, click here
- For information on the Casa de las Lenguas language program, click here
- Credits earned through a U of U exchange program will count as transfer credits
- See the Learning Abroad Handbook, for information about Course Pre-Approval
- Participants are required to maintain full-time status at the University of Utah
- Participants must enroll in a minimum of 12 U of U credits or the equivalent per semester
- Participants should compare the host university academic calendar to the University of Utah academic calendar
- The fall semester at the Casa de las Lenguas generally runs from late September to mid December, and the spring semester generally runs from early January to mid May. Regular university courses at the University of Oviedo generally run from late September to late January for fall semester, and from late January to late June for spring semester
LEARNING ABROAD BADGES
In addition to taking classes, students enrich their time abroad by participating in Learning Abroad Badge opportunities such as, Career Development, Language Immersion, Research Experience, and Community Engagement:
The Learning Abroad Badges listed in the Fact Sheet
above are included in this program. Some programs offer opportunities to earn additional Learning Abroad Badges through independent options
. Students interested in earning multiple Learning Abroad Badges can participate in the Global U Program
and receive special recognition at graduation.
- Host University Housing Information: Click Here
- See Housing Type(s) above
- Housing and meals are NOT included in the program cost
APPLYING TO A U of U EXCHANGE PROGRAM
U of U students participating on this program are required to complete the following steps:
- U of U Learning Abroad Application for OUTGOING students
- Click on the Apply Now button at the top of this page
- Submit an initial payment of $500
- Schedule a meeting with a Learning Abroad Coordinator BEFORE the application deadline
- U of U Exchange Nomination
- Receive notification of status through Umail within two weeks after the application deadline
- Host University Application
- Schedule a meeting with a Learning Abroad Coordinator to complete the host university application AFTER nomination
- Host University Acceptance
- Upload a copy of host university acceptance letter to application
- Click on the Budget Sheet link above for information about ESTIMATED costs
- Participants should read the full Withdrawal Penalty Policy BEFORE applying
- Scholarships are available for Degree-Seeking, University of Utah students
- Financial Aid might apply, visit your Financial Aid Counselor for more information
LEARNING ABROAD HANDBOOK
The Learning Abroad Handbook outlines the University of Utah's eligibility requirements, financial policies, conduct standards, administrative procedures, academic expectations, as well as visa and passport guidelines for Learning Abroad Programs. ALL participants are subject to the rules and regulations in the Learning Abroad Handbook. It is every participant's responsibility to read the Learning Abroad Handbook and contact Learning Abroad with any questions.